Planning the wine is an important part of your day, and for many, buying in such large quantities is an overwhelming decision, but it doesn't have to be. We'd like to help make this a decision that is simple, rewarding and above all enjoyable. Oh, and by the way, congratulations!
The most important thing is that you and your partner are able to choose wines that you both enjoy and that you can get them at a good price. Therefore, it is worth considering the option of corkage when hiring a venue. With this option, through us, you'll be able to improve on quality and save money along the way.
You're in good hands! With us, you'll be able to choose from our extensive selection of wine and you will have the support of our friendly and experienced team. Who will help you choose wines to suit your tastes, menu and budget. Better yet, we offer a free tasting to all of our customers to ensure that you and your partner are absolutely happy before ordering.
For any craft beer fans, we have a great selection of craft beer (300+) from all over the world to choose from, if you wanted to explore this option.
SOME REASONS TO CHOOSE US
1. Free tasting wine - We want you to be happy with your choices on the day.
Either; we'd be happy to organise a free tasting for you or; we will refund you some samples if you place an order with us. The private tasting (either in the warehouse or shop) will be hosted by one of us (experts!) who will be able to offer advice and answer all of your questions. I'm afraid that we aren't going to open a limitless amount of wine for you to try, but we will open wines within reason. As a rough guide this could be to the value of 2% of the final order. For an average wedding this will give you plenty of choice to try free of charge! We politely ask that you pay "up front" and we will take the cost of the samples and delivery (for wines sent to your home) off your wedding order bill (up to 2% of the value of the final order). Either way, you can be sure of the best possible wines on the day.
2. Free delivery - we can delivery free of charge to anywhere in mainland UK within 3 working days
3. 10% off bulk CLICK FOR DISCOUNTED WINE LIST (updated May 2021). Scottish Licensing conditions apply.
4. Refund leftovers (sale or return)- order too much? We will buy back bottles that are in a resaleable condition (up to a third of what you took).
5. Free glass hire - Yes, this service is completely free. Locally we'll even deliver and collect free of charge along with your wedding order - so long as they're in the same state you received them in (clean). We take a deposit of £1.50 per glass, which is refunded on return. Clean out, clean back basis. If you can't wash the glasses we offer a glass cleaning service at £3 per dozen.
6. Fast local delivery/pick-up - if you're local (around Edinburgh) we can promise delivery and collection any specific working day. Please call If you are further afield for a quote and details of deliveries. Mainland UK is still free delivery (any uplift is at cost)
7. Interesting and exclusive range of wine - most of our selection is from small, reputable producers that you can't find anywhere else in Scotland. We are one of the biggest importers of Champagne, Prosecco and Cava in Scotland, which reflects in our very competitive prices.
8. We have catered to many, many events in the past 22 years with a proven track record for delivering an excellent service. We are very happy to recommend venues in and around Edinburgh that have low or ZERO corkage charges. Far be it for me to say this again, but this can save you a fortune and get you much, much better wines at the same time!
M. McClements: "Thank you for helping us choose wines for our son's wedding. A great choice and a really helpful guy. Good prices too! Definitely will recommend Great Grog."
"If you need great wine, at great prices, sold to you by folk who really care about what you want. Great Grog is the only place to go!"
"Good recommendations, good prices, excellent customer service"
Recap & a few things to think about...
We have vast experience of wedding supply. We try to ask as many questions as possible, so that we can offer as bespoke a service as possible.
You are welcome to come in to try wine ideas in the warehouse -free- or we can send a few samples & refund them if you order? (within reason! = To the value of about 2% of your final bill)
Please have a look at our web prices www.greatgrog.co.uk . We would offer 10% discount on these prices, so a £10 Sauvignon on the web becomes £9 for example. We can send a “suggested quantities” invoice to help you see a guide to total costs if you would find that helpful?
An average wedding party drinks roughly (max!) 3/4 a bottle of wine per head, of which 2/3 is white & 1/3 is red. FOR EXAMPLE for 100 people this = 50 bottles white & 25 bottles of red
PLUS “Reception” fizzy of 2 glasses & one more glass later for the toast = 1/2 a bottle per head = 50 bottles. Flutes for sparkling wine are smaller, hence are worked out at 6 glasses per bottle. Normal wine glasses work on 5 glasses per bottle.
Food vs. Wine
We love to advise on wine & food matching if you have your menu in mind.
Sale or Return
We can offer sale or return (on any re-saleable bottles). We would like full payment before delivery please & will refund anything returned intact!
Free nationwide mainland delivery Monday – Friday via DHL or palletways
Time specific local delivery around Edinburgh, Monday-Saturday 10am - 5pm via our own vans
Leftovers? Free local uplift of any leftovers. Mainland UK uplift "at cost" via DHL or palletways (we get good rates which we pass on to you)
If there is anything else we can help with, please just ask & we can talk you through it.
Many thanks again, Cheers,
tel; 0131 555 0222
17 EAST CROMWELL STREET, LEITH, EH6 6HD
company reg. 194873