Live Facebook Tastings
Facebook live Tastings of three wines each time: All you have to do is buy the pack and taste along! Get free delivery as part of a wine order over £79
£35 Monday 25th January 7pm *Burns night*. Richard will be squeezing into his kilt and toasting our Bard with three of his favourite 'Scottish' related wines. Just Buy a Pack and taste along.
£38 Friday 29th January 7pm Australia Day. Celebrate Australia day a little late buy sampling three of their tasty wines with us. Just buy the pack and taste along Just Buy a Pack and taste along.
£48 Friday 5th February 7pm New Zealand. Come and find out what else New Zealand has to offer other that Sauvignon with some stunning wines. Just Buy a Pack and taste along.
£35 Friday 12th February 7pm Valentines. Wines with a romantic edge including the newly reinstated Pink Prosecco! ***Available for pre-order***Just Buy a Pack and taste along.
View Previous tastings HERE
Zoom Wine Tastings
Richard is doing a set of 4 zoom tastings. Limited to 15 people at each zoom. There will be three wines to taste with Richard at each event. You can buy any individual tasting pack for £30. They start at 7pm and will take a maximum of one hour
- SOLD OUT: Thursday 28th January at 19:00 (All white) Fritz Walter Riesling; Cathy Marshall Chenin; Domaine Mas Belles Eaux Grenache Blanc)
- SOLD OUT: Thursday 4th February at 19:00 (All Red) Handmade Red; Rioja Rayo Reserva; Chacabuco Malbec)
- SOLD OUT: Thursday 11th February at 19:00 (Rose & Champagne) Gobillard Half Bottle; Lemberg Rose; Cotes du Rhone Regulus Rose)
- 5 left: Thursday 18th February at 19:00 (Viticulture & vinification) Murphys Chardonnay; Estival White Blend; Los Haroldos Red Bonarda
£48 Thursday 4th March 7pm - Uruguay - Pablo Fallabrino, owner/winemaker at Vinedo de Los Vientos will taste and talk through three of his unique and utterly delicious wines. Buy a Pack and taste along.
£25 Thursday 18th March 7pm - Spain - Miguel Angel Diaz, director of sales and export marketing at Bodegas Pinoso will talk and taste through Bodegegas Pinoso and three of their fascinating and exquisite wines. Buy a Pack and taste along.
Thursday 25th March 7pm - SAVE THE DATE - Excting collaboration with a fantastic local producer. Watch this space for more details coming soon
Join our Wine Club
Private Zoom Wine Tastings
Fees and Costs
Private events are charged at £150 inc vat flat rate for a host for the evening.
This is charged per event and is not dependent on number of participants.
No maximum number of participants
The wines are charged at retail cost in addition to the above.
An example of wine cost would be £30 for a selection of 3 wines to make up a "tasting pack" per household. This would be make for an interesting, quality tasting.
- delivery to one address nationally - free.
- Multiple Edinburgh/Glasgow addresses close together - free.
- Multiple addresses not proximate to each other, nationally - at courier cost per address (£10 inc vat via DHL).
Please provide us with delivery addresses for the packs at least a week in advance of the event.
Great Grog would deliver/courier the packs to participants addresses preferably the week beforehand (to ensure timely arrival).
If you would like us to host the zoom meeting we would send out an invite link and code for you to send on to participants.
If you would like to host the zoom you could let us co-host for the presentation.
If you would like a food vs wine element to the evening we can deliver snacks (Drinks Biscuits, Olives, Smoked Almonds etc) at the same time as the wines (eg. Gordal Olives are £2.50)
This would be in addition to the £30 for wine
3 wines, we can suggest various themes. This can be along "Country" themes, but could be by "Grape Variety, Organic, Regional" etc.
2 whites and a red works well but, equally, it could be all white or all red.
Final Costing - worked examples
- 10 participants in central Edinburgh: £150 fee + 10 packs @ £30 + 10 Gordal Olives @ £2.50 + free delivery = £475 inc vat
- 10 participants all over Scotland: £150 fee + 10 packs @ £30 + 10 Gordal Olives @ £2.50 + delivery @ £10 each address = £575 inc vat
One day, in the not too distant future, in a land far, far away, we will be able to do physical wine and beer tastings again.